The Sonoma Valley Woman's Club was formed in 1901 with concerned women fighting for beautification and community enrichment in the town of Sonoma.
Your Custom Text Here
On Saturday, September 21, 1901, eleven ladies met at the home of Mrs. Clewe to consider the organization of a women's club. Its purpose would be to improve all sanitary conditions, parks, streets, and to promote the social and literary interests of the community.
1901: Organization formed
1901: Initiated Plaza Improvements with the installation of trees, walkways, and a fountain in subsequent years
1903: Established and staffed the first library in Sonoma
1903: Began Mission San Francisco de Solano restoration
1909: Placed El Camino Real bell in front of the Mission
1911: Initiated Carnegie Library Grant Application
1916: Constructed clubhouse (Designed by Brainerd Jones)
1920: Recovered and returned the original Mission bell
1949: Incorporated as a non-profit organization
1949-50: Clubhouse occupied by Sonoma Grammar School
2015: Clubhouse placed in the National Register of Historic Places.
2016 Established Sonoma Valley Woman's Club Foundation
As an organization the Sonoma Valley Woman's Club continues its emphasis on philanthropy and other support for the Sonoma Valley community. Through its fundraising efforts it helps local charities and our youth.
The Sonoma Valley Woman's Club remains a vital institution in Sonoma and the clubhouse provides a venue for many community events and, of course, is the meeting place for our esteemed members.
Board of Directors
The Ladies of our Board of Directors
First VP: Eileen Coccia
Second VP: Theresa Pardini
Building and Grounds: Deborah Orton
The Sonoma Valley Womens Club Foundation
SONOMA VALLEY WOMAN'S CLUB FOUNDATION
The Sonoma Valley Woman's Club Foundation was established as a 501(c)3 nonprofit in 2016.
The Foundation solicits and encourages tax-deductible donations, gifts, bequests and grants for specific projects benefiting the preservation and maintenance of our historic building.
The Foundation is a nonprofit charity separate from the Sonoma Valley Woman's Club with its own Board of Directors supporting the goals and objectives of the Sonoma Valley Woman's Club.
Funds and grants donated to the Sonoma Valley Woman's Club Foundation are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law under tax ID 47-5122501.
The mission of the Sonoma Valley Woman's Club Foundation is to provide charitable assistance for preserving and maintaining the clubhouse and grounds of the Sonoma Valley Woman's Club and to provide charitable assistance to the Sonoma Valley community and beyond.
As our mission includes to provide charitable assistance to the Sonoma Valley community and beyond?and even though the Foundation's main focus is the preservation of the Sonoma Valley Woman's Club building, donations toward our other projects or unrestricted donations are always welcome.